Sunday, July 1, 2018

29/ The Old-People's Restaurant

I ate last evening at a restaurant I've been curious about for a long time because of all the cars I see in the parking lot whenever I drive by. When a friend suggested it we try it, I readily agreed. When I parked and we got out, the first thing I noticed was all the other patrons getting out of their cars. Many of the women had blue hair, and not because they were young and trendy. Some of the people used canes, and more than a few used walkers.

Inside, the ambiance was--as my daughter said today when I told her I'd had dinner there--like a cafeteria. A pop radio station played through a tinny speaker. The "wine list" listed types of wines but no vintners or vintages. The waiter explained they sold glasses of wine poured from boxes. "We don't bother with bottles." The dry Rob Roy my friend ordered came with not a twist of lemon as requested, but a lemon slice.

End of whine, because the food was surprisingly good. I had one of the specials, an entree salad with mesclun, broiled chicken, cashews, almonds, and dried cranberries. It would have included fresh mozzarella balls if I hadn't turned them down.

4 comments:

  1. Obviously a better place to eat than drink! What was the name? (Asked only because we do venture north once in a while and I appreciate having all the forewarning I can get! There's too many bad restaurants thriving around the Poconos.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Alexander's, near Carbondale. They have broiled seafood on the menu. I would go there again (because I'm not drinking).

      Delete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the food.

    ReplyDelete

27/ Places: Selling Stuff

I've been selling stuff (there's no better word to describe things we've owned but no longer want) online for a dozen or more ye...