Saturday, June 30, 2018

28/ Recipe

The whine is that I forgot to include this in our food month. It was Lizzie's #1 requested food during her visit. And it's my original recipe--first time sharing it! But don't feel obligated to try it (seriously). If you do, I hope you like it. And you can use tofu instead of chicken.

Susan's Original All-in-One Baked Asian Chicken

2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup Japanese (Kikkoman) soy sauce
1/3 cup smooth natural peanut butter
1 tsp. curry powder 
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1-1/2 tsp. Asian hot chili sauce
Four skinless, boneless chicken breasts

Combine all ingredients except chicken and mix well.  Immerse chicken in sauce.  Not necessary to marinate.  Simply coat chicken well with sauce and place in roasting pan.  You may crowd the chicken.  Spoon remaining sauce over the chicken and bake at 400º (one level above middle rack) until cooked though…45-60 minutes.  Serve whole as entrée or cubed as appetizer.

6 comments:

  1. Yum. So much better tasting than a normal whine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do a quick version of this, using boneless thighs (but breasts are fine) and cutting it up first, then simmering it all in a pan with a cup of stock or so (though without the soy), and serve over rice. (You can throw veges in to make a one-pot meal too.) I'll try this too. I'm going to call it Susan's Satay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mali, I'm happy to see this. In my recipe file I called it "My Original All-in-One Chicken Satay." But I changed it for this blog post because you know so much more about Satay than I!

      Delete

27/ Places: Selling Stuff

I've been selling stuff (there's no better word to describe things we've owned but no longer want) online for a dozen or more ye...