Wednesday, May 9, 2018

9/ Cheese I

When Dona wrote about Wisconsin cheese, I thought back 47 years to when I quit smoking by accompanying my husband on a business trip to Wisconsin without cigarettes. Craving, raving, I kept myself busy by touring cheese factories. Amazingly, my marriage survived. By the end of the wretched week I knew I'd never smoke again.*

* Because I never wanted to go through a week like that again. Cravings lingered for a long time, though. And for 17 years I occasionally dreamed I could have a cigarette any time I wanted. The power of nicotine . . . 

2 comments:

  1. Cheese instead of cigarettes. Sounds like a good swap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Susan. I hear nicotine is one of the hardest cravings to give up.

    ReplyDelete

27/ Places: Selling Stuff

I've been selling stuff (there's no better word to describe things we've owned but no longer want) online for a dozen or more ye...