Monday, April 2, 2018

2/ My Trivia Team

I'm the captain of a team that competes in a trivia contest every three months at the library. We're quite noisy with our banter and laughter, but we also win most of the time. Certainly our age range helps (88 down to about 30), as do their talents and backgrounds: an editor, an artist, a Buddhist nurseryman, a health-food store owner/homeopath, and a British Ph.D. (in education)—all as funny as they are smart.


This photo doesn't quite match my description because it was taken about a year ago. So if you try to figure out which person is which, you'll be wrong with at least one of them. You could, of course, just guess on whose shoulders I have my (headless) hands.

8 comments:

  1. I am afraid to. But as an editor, I'm afraid that you, as a writer, might have your hands around the editor's neck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha . . . actually, I've probably earned more money from editing than I have from writing. And no, he's not the editor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tofu maker, weather spotter, jazz singer, belly dancer, and now trivia champion... is there nothing you haven't done?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I he the Buddhist Nurseryman?

    ReplyDelete

27/ Places: Selling Stuff

I've been selling stuff (there's no better word to describe things we've owned but no longer want) online for a dozen or more ye...