Sunday, April 1, 2018

1/ Alice Campbell, my Grandmother

She had us call her "Lucky" because she was too young to be a grandmother. She ran away at 16 to go on the stage, and never lost her singing voice. She created an adventure in every decade of her life, taking up figure skating in her forties and French (wildly successfully!) in her sixties. Genetically, we are very much alike, but I hope that doesn't include the Alzheimer's that claimed her. I adored her.


(She's pictured with her handsome baritone, Harry Luckstone, my grandfather.)

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I can see I'm going to enjoy your people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds fabulous! An adventure in every decade. That's my new inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a groovy granny! I can see why you would have adored her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were genetically programmed to be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And you definitely have the coolest family photos.

    ReplyDelete

27/ Places: Selling Stuff

I've been selling stuff (there's no better word to describe things we've owned but no longer want) online for a dozen or more ye...