Tuesday, December 18, 2018

1/ Places: My New Writing Spot

Here it is December 18, and I'm just starting November's posts. I'm writing on the Chromebook I bought for myself (yay, Cyber Monday!) to see if its little screen might be easier on my eyes than the two huge monitors I use with my desktop computer. I think it is--but the keyboard isn't easier to type on, that's for sure! I haven't made this many typing errors since I was in high school.

I'm sitting in in a comfortable chair in my living room, next to the fireplace I never use anymore. It still looks functional though, because of the stained glass fireplace screen my son and DIL gave me some years ago. It's illuminated by a light bulb behind it, and this gives the illusion of warmth. Christmas gifts cover half of the sofa under two of the windows. Underneath the coffee table (actually a fairly primitive antique bench) Pogo the cat sleeps curled up in a bed--the same bed he ignored when it was located in another part of the room. He's cozy, and so am I. I'll learn to type on this thing eventually.


8 comments:

  1. That sounds wonderfully cosy. Also, you can pick up a separate keyboard for next to nothing these days, or use a spare, rather than the laptop keyboard. That's what I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my Plan B, Mali. I also bought a mouse for it, which I haven't opened yet. I hope to avoid using any peripherals because the Chromebook is so appealing all by itself. It's small (11.6" screen) and lightweight. I love tucking myself into a wingback chair with it. I don't know how ergonomic this is though. If necessary, I'll spread out on a table with a separate keyboard and the mouse.

      Delete
    2. It does sound deliciously cosy.

      Delete
  2. I couldn't spot any typos, so you are obviously an excellent proofreader. Or have a well-behaved autocorrect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My students use chrome books and it does take some time to get used to the keyboard. A mouse is helpful.

    I have a nonfunctional fireplace as well. It has tealights and milk glass vases to make it glow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it very difficult to type on a laptop of any kind. I am not good with a touch pad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, what IB said. Your posts are worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete

27/ Places: Selling Stuff

I've been selling stuff (there's no better word to describe things we've owned but no longer want) online for a dozen or more ye...