Sunday, September 2, 2018

28/ To Write the Number 50, Part I

(Written for my son-in-law's 50th birthday, the poem should be read aloud while writing the number 50 in the air.)

To Write the Number 50

To write the number 50
you begin with a short down line,
which, it is important to remember,
is identical to an up line:
nice and straight, purposeful,
a breezy BMC coast on an easy grade.

Off the bike and into something
more substantial. Do you take the truck?
One of the Porsches? Or the Audi
you’re planning to give to your mother-in-law
when you tire of it?

3 comments:

  1. I hope you get the Audi.

    Looking forward to the rest of this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has to give you the Audi now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took a good look at that Audi last night and decided I have a better chance of winning the lottery (and I don't play the lottery). It's a beauty. It's an A8, and as fond of me as my son-in-law is, I wouldn't expect anyone to forfeit that particular trade-in value. :-)

    ReplyDelete

27/ Places: Selling Stuff

I've been selling stuff (there's no better word to describe things we've owned but no longer want) online for a dozen or more ye...