Thursday, August 2, 2018

2/ August - My First Pantoum (see post below)

Here's the first half of my first pantoum, c. 1970s.  Note that not every repetition is exact. You can adjust them to make them fit the context.

Silage

The barn has beams of solid trees
initials cut into the walls
a dungeon floor of hard-packed dust
and tiny holes where insects bored

Initials cut into the walls
for friendship or in early lust
and tiny holes where insects bored
to those who live a century later

For friendship or in early lust
a swing hangs from the highest beam
those who live a century later
trusting the rope to their own child

7 comments:

  1. Such an interesting form that I knew nothing about. I like echoes and this form is built on echoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. Feelings have been invoked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it too. Amazing first go at this form!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done. The pantoum form is one of my favorites and you've twisted the lines indeed like a rope here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eagerly awaiting second half...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I'd never heard of a pantoum, but I certainly won't do it justice in the way you have.

    ReplyDelete

27/ Places: Selling Stuff

I've been selling stuff (there's no better word to describe things we've owned but no longer want) online for a dozen or more ye...