Sunday, May 20, 2018

20/ Cabbage Salad I

"Bring one of your cabbage salads!" I often hear this if I ask a hostess what I can bring to an event. There are several, including one made with cabbage*, scallions, celery, apple, pineapple, grapes, and coarsely-shredded carrot, dressed with mayonnaise**, honey, apple cider vinegar, pineapple juice, and curry powder. I don't use a recipe.

* If you can find a cabbage like the one in the picture, it'll make all the difference. Early cabbage is softer, juicier, tastier, and more tender. Look for folded green leaves and the distinctive shine—not present in rock-hard, whitish late cabbage.

** Miracle Whip users, please treat yourselves to a jar of real mayonnaise for this recipe. Kraft's is good, and there are others.


9 comments:

  1. Oh, yum. And I don't think I've ever seen such a lusciously green cabbage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good curry-flavoured mayonnaise. I must remember to revisit food month posts when salad season returns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great. And I keep trying to decide whether to on a Miracle Whip rant. I bloody hate Miracle Whip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. But I just deleted what I was going to say about it because I believe one of our own is a fan.

      Delete
    2. I know. And that's her right. I like some things that are terrible too.

      Delete
    3. I can remember liking some boys who were terrible.

      Delete
  4. I like so many terrible things, but none of you can see my pantry

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are talking about me.

    This salad sounds good, even without Miracle Whip.

    ReplyDelete

27/ Places: Selling Stuff

I've been selling stuff (there's no better word to describe things we've owned but no longer want) online for a dozen or more ye...