Thursday, April 19, 2018

19/ The Office People

My dad photographed people. Friends and family today are grateful to have the pictures he took from the 1920's through the 1960's. He owned high-end cameras during times when most people had either an inferior camera or (more likely) none at all, and his homemade darkroom prints and negatives survive. I'm fascinated with his office pics from the 1940's and 50's. The calculators . . . the typewriters . . . the myriad rubber stamps . . . the clothes . . . the liquor . . . the card games . . . the parties!




7 comments:

  1. It's "Mad Men" all over! I always love to see your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do envy you your photos! The bottom one, the look on the older man's face is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad the Office People made an appearance. I love your father's photos (as well as yours).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that last picture is definitely Mad Men-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That guy in the middle with the women -- was he trying to grab a breast?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, it does look like that! Good eye, Dona. Or bad eye, Dona. lol

      Delete

27/ Places: Selling Stuff

I've been selling stuff (there's no better word to describe things we've owned but no longer want) online for a dozen or more ye...