Tuesday, January 1, 2019

17 - 20/ Places I Could Have Gone

A recent widower whom I've known for years invited me to go to Mexico with him. He's a lovely man, but it wouldn't have worked. So I said no.

A recent widower whom I've known for decades invited me to go to Tuscany with him. He's a great guy, but it wouldn't have worked. So I said no.

A friend-who-was-more-than-a-friend wanted very much to take me to Germany and Scandinavia. He was attentive and generous (plus I have a thing for Norway), but it wasn't working. So I said no.

One of my best friends owns a house in England, and I have an open invitation. But at this point I don't have the energy and stamina to consider it. We continue our friendship on American soil, and the same is true for all the above.


5 comments:

  1. So the recent widowers were clearly on the prowl? I'm assuming so by this, and that you decided based on this fact. You never fail to fascinate me (and others, apparently).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I didn't see it that way. And I don't think that was the way it was. Without going into detail, it felt like they were uniquely drawn to me--not so much because of anything particular about me, but because of the way we were connected. If I'd been younger I might have pursued a relationship with the first one. But I was old enough to know it probably wouldn't last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sad that you didn't get to go to these places with the people who really mattered to you. But you of course went to other places with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still chuckling over what IB said! Your part of the Poconos is much more interesting than mine!

    ReplyDelete

27/ Places: Selling Stuff

I've been selling stuff (there's no better word to describe things we've owned but no longer want) online for a dozen or more ye...