Saturday, July 28, 2018

23/ Lyme Disease Books

I've long suspected that my kids think I'm a hypochondriac, and looking at all the health books on my shelves, it's no wonder. Anyone who lost a parent young is likely to have health concerns. My mom had just turned 38 when she died from cleaning a rug (with carbon tetrachloride), and it was a big relief for me to turn 39 and put that behind me. But a certain amount of anxiety persists. At least I channeled my worries into book buying rather than frequent trips to doctors.

And when it comes to Lyme Disease, you really have to be your own medical researcher and physician because the medical community has no consensus on treatment. The whole bunch of them, including the CDC, are at sea, and if you want to find your way to shore you better sew yourself a life jacket and learn to be a strong swimmer.

Why Can't I Get Better? by Richard Horowitz, MD
How Can I Get Better?            "              "
Healing Lyme, by Stephen Harrod Buhner
Beating Lyme, by Constance Bean
Natural Treatments for Lyme Coinfections, by Stephen Harrod Buhner
Healing Lyme Disease Coinfections                         "                 "
Unlocking Lyme, by William Rawls, MD
Checklists for Bartonella, Babesia, and Lyme Disease, by James Schaller, MD


2 comments:

  1. I know so many people with Lyme disease, and sometimes I feel it is just a matter of time around here. Thanks for this list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking that too, as I read your list.

    ReplyDelete

27/ Places: Selling Stuff

I've been selling stuff (there's no better word to describe things we've owned but no longer want) online for a dozen or more ye...