Sunday, June 17, 2018

10/ Back Pain

It sucks. I have three kinds, but even one kind would suck. This year the three sort of converged—that is, they all happen at the same time—and that seems to be a permanent situation. The result is I have to sit down a lot. Not necessarily for long, but often.

So many things get worse as we get older; does anything get noticeably better? I took an informal poll of several friends, and we decided the researcher who said the seventies is the happiest decade must have been drunk.

7 comments:

  1. I have been thinking that I'll be whining about aging before this month is over. Back pain is so horrible. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dealing with back pain myself since the end of October. You're right: it sucks. Sorry you are going through it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a hierarchy of pain: 1) tooth pain 2) back pain 3) labour 4) broken bones 5) everything else. Feel better soon. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. One kind of back pain can be overwhelming, so I can't imagine experiencing three kinds simultaneously. Maybe you need to start a medicinal marijuana patch in your backyard. Seriously, I do hope things improve, and quickly.

    I have yet to find anything that gets better as I get older... except I don't care about stuff as much, but I'm not convinced that is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that you at least get relief from back pain by resting. Or at least, I hope you do, because it sucks. And three types? I can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone. I'm fortunate that none of my three kinds is the horrible disk-pressing-on-a-nerve pain where you can't move. And yes, sitting down brings relief. Some people are in much worse situations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have only had small bouts of back pain, but am dealing with one now. Not debilitating but a nuisance

    ReplyDelete

27/ Places: Selling Stuff

I've been selling stuff (there's no better word to describe things we've owned but no longer want) online for a dozen or more ye...