Monday, April 9, 2018

9/ Isidore Luckstone

Great-uncle Isidore was another of the musical Luckstones. he was well known as a composer and pianist, especially as an accompanist—an art requiring a high level of intuitive communication between pianist and singer. He performed at the Metropolitan Opera, and a recording made in 1905 can still be heard online. I've bought sheet music of his compositions on eBay. Isidore disliked his name, and had the family call him Wuzzy. As opposed to Izzy.


Isidore is pictured here with his French wife, Elise, at the bottom, and a close friend, the soprano Marguerite Starrell, just above her on the right. I wish I could ID the other people. Isidore and Elise were greatly beloved by their descendants.

6 comments:

  1. Is he on the right or left? And Wuzzy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, sorry--he's on the left. I forgot there was another man in the photo.

      Delete
  2. Wuzzy is a great name! I think it's amazing that you actually have sheet music of his compositions. I'm just a basic musician - composing a piece is not in me, so I admire those who can and did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those hats! And have I seen Wuzzy in other photos you've posted on Facebook? He looks familiar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably, although I've posted more pictures of his brother, my grandfather Harry. I wondered when someone would mention the hats!

      Delete
  4. Wuzzy a relative you actually got to meet at some point?

    ReplyDelete

27/ Places: Selling Stuff

I've been selling stuff (there's no better word to describe things we've owned but no longer want) online for a dozen or more ye...