Monday, April 30, 2018

30/ My Cousin Barbara

Born one month apart to sisters, she and I call each other "Sis." Widows now, we live alone in different states. She paints in oils, and decorates rooms and objects. She can make anything beautiful. We haven't seen one another in decades, but every day we share the minutiae of our similar lives and send updates on our latest projects. Like making paper dolls for the grandchildren. Or the 30+ flowerpots each of us planted one summer.

Barbara's painting of some of my pots

and my hollyhocks

6 comments:

  1. Oh, to have such a connection... but I feel a face-to-face reunion may be in order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, what Helen said. I'm devastated for you both that it hasn't just been years, but decades!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's complicated, but it doesn't seem that bad to us. And it doesn't seem to have been that long--but nothing does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't decide which painting I like better. She is very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love when you mention Barbara on Facebook. I agree that you should get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've written so much about her, I'm shocked that you haven't seen each other in person. That said, I feel pretty close to a bunch of you I've never even met.

    ReplyDelete

27/ Places: Selling Stuff

I've been selling stuff (there's no better word to describe things we've owned but no longer want) online for a dozen or more ye...