Saturday, April 14, 2018

14/ Fred Waring

My husband did some consulting for a while, in between working for Exxon and manufacturing acetaminophen (this was around 1970, pre-tofu), and he had several meetings with Fred Waring. Fred was famous but friendly, and I came along—with our dog, Poppy. Vivid memories: the ingenious thread-storage unit Fred designed for his wife, a skilled seamstress; and me in the backseat of Fred's newest maroon Lincoln, keeping Poppy's head vertical so she wouldn't throw up.

5 comments:

  1. You need to write a memoir, Susan. And name drop all you like! I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do drop the most interesting names!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I knew all your stories. Not even close. I agree with everyone - write that memoir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize he died/had a house in State College! (I lived there one year...)

    ReplyDelete

27/ Places: Selling Stuff

I've been selling stuff (there's no better word to describe things we've owned but no longer want) online for a dozen or more ye...