Tuesday, January 30, 2018

30/Serial

The boys had questions for Minet. They asked Eileen, Eileen babbled gobbledygook to me, and I babbled gobbledygook back to her. It's unlikely that my gobbledygook bore any resemblance to hers, but no one noticed. All that mattered was that the boys were in the presence of a real live belly dancer. A famous one. From Istanbul. Would Minet dance for them? Minet demurred. Minet was shy . . . but perhaps the band could play "Port Said?" The band couldn't. They could, however, play "Night Train." No one would mistake my slow, sensuous moves for belly dancing, but the boys were mesmerized.

3 comments:

27/ Places: Selling Stuff

I've been selling stuff (there's no better word to describe things we've owned but no longer want) online for a dozen or more ye...