Friday, January 26, 2018

26/Serial

There were four of us: Eileen, Cathy, Jen, and me. I was the only one with a car, so we must have been 18. It was a warm evening and still light out when we got to the Village. I don't think we had a plan—that would have been unusual. The only available parking space on the street was too small for my car. So Jen and Cathy got out and stood on the sidewalk next to a Volkswagen, loudly making believe it was theirs as my Pontiac slowly pushed it back a few feet.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Or arrogance? :-) But we weren't arrogant, really. It was more like "girls just wanna have fun."

      Delete
  2. I'm laughing. In some places in Asia (KL? Bangkok) you leave the handbrake off when you park, so others can push it if necessary, and you can fit in as many cars in a small space as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha! The Volkswagen must have had an Asian driver!

      Delete

27/ Places: Selling Stuff

I've been selling stuff (there's no better word to describe things we've owned but no longer want) online for a dozen or more ye...