Sunday, May 13, 2018

13/ Egg Creams

Egg creams contain neither eggs nor cream, so I don't know how they got their name. But this NYC deli and luncheonette beverage figured prominently in my growing-up years. Loved them! I don't imagine They're well-known outside the city. Egg creams come in vanilla, but almost everyone orders chocolate. Here's a recipe. Try it!

The blogger recommends Fox's U-Bet chocolate syrup for authenticity. Good idea! She links Amazon, but it's much cheaper on Walmart's website, delivered for free to your store. I ordered a bottle and look forward to making egg creams for my grandchildren.

6 comments:

  1. I've heard of egg creams, but how weird that they don't contain either!
    The recipe pretty much sounds like a chocolate milkshake, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could be mistaken, but I don't think milkshakes have seltzer in them.

      Delete
    2. You're right. So, a watered down milkshake?

      Delete
    3. Watered down and fizzed up.

      Delete
  2. I've never tried one, because silly me, I assumed an egg was involved and didn't like the sound of that! I was a milkshake child, in upstate NY where dairies are everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot get past the milk and water mixed together, even if it is fizzy.

    ReplyDelete

27/ Places: Selling Stuff

I've been selling stuff (there's no better word to describe things we've owned but no longer want) online for a dozen or more ye...