Saturday, April 28, 2018

28/ Joan Moshimer

As a child, I'd watched Aunt Peggy hook rugs, but didn't pay attention to the process. So when I inherited her equipment, I was clueless. Enter The Complete Book of  Rug Hooking and the Rug Hooking News & Views newsletter, both written by Joan Moshimer in Maine. Once a war bride from England, Joan taught me most of what I know about this very American craft. I wish I'd been able to meet her.

Today I hook my own designs, but when I first started I used patterns designed by Joan—like these:






8 comments:

  1. These are delightful. Maybe the title of the movie-of-your-life can be The Mostly Happy Hooker (I'm hoping you're mostly happy.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am mostly happy. And grateful for my sense of humor.

      Delete
  2. Amen, Helen! (And these are beautiful.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of my best friends are hookers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it is a New England . . . um . . . profession.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous! Hooking is definitely a very American craft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are absolutely gorgeous. Can I come to stay with you for a month while you teach me how to do it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My grandmother was a hooker. I tried to learn but I liked embroidery more.

    ReplyDelete

27/ Places: Selling Stuff

I've been selling stuff (there's no better word to describe things we've owned but no longer want) online for a dozen or more ye...