Monday, October 8, 2018

8/ A New York Thing to Say (Story, Part III)


Eric turned and stared at me.

“Sandy.”  He said it like it was a complete sentence, so I answered him the same way.

“Eric.”  I looked in his eyes and smiled. I loved to do that.

He blinked first. “Sandy, we haven’t even had sex.”

Well, if that wasn’t a New York thing to say!  I had to laugh.

“I know, silly. That makes it perfect. No one knows about our relationship because there’s no relationship to know about, at least not the kind anyone can see. So who would suspect me?”

He didn’t reply, but I could tell he was thinking it over. So I went on. “The regulars in the Square see us on our bench every Tuesday night after class, but all they know is that we talk for a while and then go our separate ways. Because that’s all we do. The cops would have no motive, Eric. So this is the perfect solution.”


4 comments:

27/ Places: Selling Stuff

I've been selling stuff (there's no better word to describe things we've owned but no longer want) online for a dozen or more ye...