Friday, October 12, 2018

12/ Disappeared


I can’t find my sister-in-law. She lives in another state, and while we’ve never been close, over the last decade or so we’ve kept in touch on birthdays, Christmas, and the occasional call or card in between. She lives alone with help. I’m not sure what the help consists of, but she can afford all the help she needs.

She turned 90 last month. I called to wish her a happy birthday, but there was no answer. And no answering machine. Over the next couple of weeks I tried again at different times of the day. Still no answer. I tried the number I had for her late husband’s son, but that phone had been disconnected. It was then I realized I have no way of contacting anyone else for information about her. Since her phone is still connected, I hope someone is opening her mail. With that in mind, I wrote her a letter. No response yet.


5 comments:

27/ Places: Selling Stuff

I've been selling stuff (there's no better word to describe things we've owned but no longer want) online for a dozen or more ye...