Wednesday, October 10, 2018

10/ A New York Thing to Say (Story, The Ending)


I detected something resembling a nod, so I went on.

“We’ve never even gone out to eat. You said you’d love to give me my first taste of kimchi and that Thai stuff you like, and remember the time you said it would be fun if we could do Ninth Avenue on a Saturday morning?  You told me we couldn’t even be seen together at that French movie theater I wanted to go to. And you said your wife has all this money…….”

He looked away, so I nudged him with my foot.

“So if I, you know, took care of it, we could really enjoy the city together. And you know as well as I do that it’s not such a big deal. People get killed in New York all the time.”

It seemed like a long time before he finally spoke.


4 comments:

27/ Places: Selling Stuff

I've been selling stuff (there's no better word to describe things we've owned but no longer want) online for a dozen or more ye...